Thursday, April 1, 2010

HOPE, FAITH and Living My Dreams: It is Possible!

Last spring I sat in meditation with tears running down my cheeks. Frustrated with my health and the lack of answers from all the medical tests I had done. I questioned how the results could be all “normal” when I felt so abnormal. At the same time the reality of our financial picture had me filled with fear and worry. The deep yearning in my heart to adopt my little girl who is waiting for me in Africa, felt like a deep thorn in my heart. I could hear her voice calling me and there was nothing I could do because we couldn’t afford to start the adoption process. My heart was aching, I could hardly breath.

I threw my arms up into the air and yelled “I don’t understand! What? What? What? What would you have me do? Please help me! Obviously what I am doing is not working. Please help me see another way. I am willing. I am committed. I am open. Please show me another way and I will listen and follow.”

Within 2 hours of that meditation I received an email from Julia Indichova, author of Inconceivable and The Fertile Female, inviting me to a private “meet and greet”. I would have the opportunity to meet women’s health advocate, author and world renowned obstetrician Dr Christiane Northrup. I have admired and followed the work of Dr Northrup for many years. Her book Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom is my main reference for women’s health. I was excited about having the opportunity to meet her. When I read further I realized it was the weekend I would be in Toronto teaching my Fertility Yoga Teacher Training course. There was an interesting turn of events in December that had forced me to change my course from January to this particular weekend April. I took a moment to appreciate the synchronicities. I looked at my busy schedule and realized there was a convenient window of opportunity to attend the meeting. I was naturally concerned about timing as Toronto was a big city but when I realized it was only 9 minutes away from where I was teaching, I looked up at the universe and said “ok I get it, I will go”. This was the sign I was asking for. I had no idea what I was supposed to gain by going other than having the privilege of meeting Dr Northrup. My heart and mind were open.

Click here to read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment